Evaluation & Management Tools
CMS - Can NP/PA do IP consults (for new pts)?
E/M Audit Template - from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC)
E/M Audit Template from TheCodingCenter.org
E/M Audit Tool from First Coast 2005 prior to the interactive format, but still valid; with special thanks to Jean Acevedo, LHRM, CPC, CHC
E/M Review Checklist and Score Sheet Tool from Palmetto Medicare Part B, Jurisdiction 11
E/M interactive worksheet from First Coast Options - Florida Medicare; this allows you to do E/M audits using 1995, 1997 or both sets simultaneously right online. Click accept.
E/M Services from First Coast Options - Florida Medicare; is the point of origin for the E/M Interactive Worksheet with additional information
E&M Components - An excellent E/M Guidelines comparison study between 1995 vs. 1997
E/M Documentation Template - and Guidelines from American College of Gynecology (ACOG)
E/M Score Sheet, 2006 - from HGSA with special thanks to Jean Acevedo, LHRM, CPC, CHC
E/M University - Dr. Peter Jensen's page educating people about E/M Coding with web conferences, training guides & forums, Free AAPC CEUs, more. Great site!
Table of Risk for Medical Decision Making
- In E/M level coding Medical necessity is moderate but problem related HPI elements is not there, can we give level 4.Thanks December 5, 2019Patient is established came with headache and fatigue with 1 week.patient had hypertension, Physician said continue medication.But in assessment Allergic rhinitis is there he treated with RX.Allergic rhinitis HPI elements is not there,but elements is there which related to HTN. So please can you suggest the appropriate level ?Thanks
- Need coding help please 44120? Hernia? December 5, 2019Hi All, Can I get a little help please. Getting 44120 but can I get anything for the hernia ? Thanks so much! midline incision was then made and carried through the subcutaneous tissue to the fascia. The fascia was incised and the abdomen opened. There was significant adhesive disease to the midline. There was […]
- Hair tourniquet of penis December 5, 2019Could someone help me with getting a for hair tourniquet of penis CPT code? The code that my provider used is 54115; which I do not agree with. See op note for details. I was wondering for this patient that I would use an unlisted procedure code. OP note: This is a 7-year-old child with […]
- Chronic Patellar dislocation December 4, 2019Need help coding this OP report. 29870, 27422, 27350, 27428, 27350, 20680? A knee scope was inserted through the superolateral patellar portal to evaluate the joint and pictures were obtained showing the diseased lateral patellar facet and lateral femoral condyle. A longitudinal midline knee incision as such would be used for a total knee replacement […]
- 27427 for MPFL pants-over-vest repair? December 4, 2019I'm wondering if this is the correct code for a MPFL pants over vest repair. "Made an incision over the medial patella. Blunt dissection was taken (down to) MPFL. I did a pants-over-vest repair using vicryl suture with three sutures placed trying not to over-tighten..." Patient has recurrent patella dislocations. My doc is submitting this […]
- Palliative Care Coding-Symptoms or conditions? December 4, 2019Hi Everyone, I need input on a specific topic regarding Palliative care coding. I've read many articles online and read through forums to try to obtain these answers and I feel that they are all over the place. When coding for Palliative care, I was told that symptoms are coded over definitive conditions, and I've […]
You need to login in order to like this post: click here