Optum 2023 Current Procedural Coding Expert, Prof Edition – (Softbound)
<strong>Optum Current Procedural Coding Expert, Prof Edition – (Softbound)</strong>
Size and binding: 8.5” x 11” — Spiral
JFAMC Price = $80.00
Shipping – $15.99 first book; additional books $6 for each additional book
Tax will be added at checkout.
Turn to the resource that goes beyond basic coding with the Current Procedural Coding Expert – Professional Edition, your CPT coding resource.Equipped with the entire 2023 CPT code set with easy-to-use coding includes and excludes notes for coding guidance and Medicare icons for speedy coding, billing, and reimbursement, this easy-to-navigate resource will benefit physician practices, outpatient hospitals, and ASCs. You will also find a comprehensive listing of annual code additions, revisions, deletions, and reinstatements in the appendix; new code icons and notes; plus, reimbursement information and mid-year changes not found in the American Medical Association’s (AMA) CPT code book.
Key Features and Benefits:
- Optum Edge- Code-specific definitions, rules, and references. Reference comprehensive information compiled from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), the AMA, Optum, and other sources to assist with accurate coding and speed reimbursement.
- Icons/color bars. Familiar icons or color bars used for new, revised, add-on, re-sequenced, telemedicine, and for correct modifier usage. Also, identify which new or revised CPT codes are valid, but not in the current CPT book.
- Extensive user-friendly index. Find codes in a flash with our accurate and expansive alphabetic index with terms listed in a variety of ways.
- CCI edit icon. Quickly identify those CPT codes with corresponding CCI edits.
- Evaluation and management appendix. Easy-to-use grids and extended guidelines to facilitate E/M code selection.
- New, Revised, and Deleted codes appendix. Easily identify changes to CPT code descriptions, including code changes made mid-year by the AMA, but not found in the AMA’s CPT code book.
- CPT Assistant references. Identifies that an article or discussion of a CPT code exists in the AMA’s CPT Assistant newsletter. Use the citation to locate the correct volume.
- Medicare coverage rules with icons and IOM references. Understand which CMS policies apply to CPT codes prior to claim submission. Some of these icons include ASC payment and OPPS status indicators and Internet Only Manual references.
- Facility and non-facility RVUs and global/follow-up days. Evaluate your fees and understand the impact on standard post procedure coverage.
- Helpful illustrations. Detailed color anatomy illustration appendix. Plus, many illustrations at the code level identifying specific code-related anatomy.
- Modifier appendix. Includes CPT and HCPCS Level II modifiers and descriptions for easy reference for Medicare coding.
- Brand-name vaccinations associated with CPT codes. Vaccine names are listed by the CPT code to aid accurate coding for medications.
- Appendix with codes used to report inpatient-only procedures. Avoid payment denials by making coding errors.
- Glossary of terms. Increase your understanding of coding, billing, and reimbursement terms to improve coding accuracy.
- Access to Medically Unlikely Edits (MUEs). Improve claims accuracy by ensuring CMS compliance through easy-to-access codes and their associated MUE units. These will be available via electronic download.
- Softbound. Less bulky for travel and easy-to-see title on your bookshelf.
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.